here that is a Pampered Chef recipe. It sounds quite ordinary, but the combination of ingredients are truly a party in your mouth. Not only that, it has a lot of very healthy ingredients. I like to bring this to parties. We serve huge platefuls of this for our family and call it dinner. This recipe makes 4 adult size portions. I am going to share this at Allergy-free Wednesdays here. If you have a moment, the recipes there are worth checking!
- 6 tablespoons peach preserves
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar (or pomegranate juice)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons sugar (or maple syrup) You can lessen the sweetener here!
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 mangoes, cut into 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch cubes ( about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- For dressing - In a jar with a tight fitting lid, shake all the dressing ingredients together until blended. Cover, and chill the dressing in the refrigerate until ready to use.
- For salad - In a large bowl, add the salad ingredients, then add to individual salad bowls. Shake dressing vigorusly; pour desired amount of dressing over the salad bowls; tossing gently to coat.
- I definitely put salad dressing on each serving separately. That way if you have leftovers, storing the dressing and salad separately makes it stay fresh way longer.
- Serves: 4 (adult size servings).
- Note: Peaches and nectarines can be substituted for the mango.