Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Review of Wheatless in Seattle

So I drive by this bakery every Monday and it beckons me. This Monday I finally stopped. I went there years ago and bought the best GF french bread. This time I succumbed to their espresso chocolate cake. It looked like a little bundt cake, with a glaze oozing over the sides. I had full intentions of eating half of it and saving the rest for later. A few bites and I knew this was not possible.  This was far too good to wait until later. It was a deep dark chocolate. Probably the most moist cake I've had in as long as I can remember. It was that moist. I was told that it was gluten, dairy and egg free. It is also rice free. She said that she used sorghum flour.  I see more detours in my future. And note to self: use coffee in place of the liquid the next time I make a chocolate cake! Here is their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment