Monday, May 28, 2012

Allergy- friendly Mandarin Chocolate Truffles

photo from againstallgrain.com
If a picture says a thousand words, this photo is saying it all. I found these at againstallgrain.com. They are even refined sugar free. I was thinking you could sub any fruit juice (like strawberry) for the mandarin, and use raspberry jam instead of the zest. Getting these ingredients and actually have time to make these seems more than what I'm up to right now. But if I can dream of something so fun to make, this would be it. Maybe someday. . . but for now, I thought I'd share the fun for those of you who are adventurous and have time for this. 
Go here to read her directions. 


Ingredients (makes 16 truffles)
3 tablespoons raw cacao butter, chopped
1/4 cup raw honey (I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m sure maple syrup would be a good sub for vegan!)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons coconut butter (I love the little pouches from Artisana)
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons fresh clementine or mandarin juice, strained of pulp
1 teaspoon mandarin zest (plus additional for sprinkling on top if you choose)
dash of sea salt  
Chocolate Shell

1/2 cup raw cacao butter

1/4 cup raw cacao powder

2 tablespoons honey, liquified (or maple)

No comments:

Post a Comment