Saturday, August 8, 2015

How to Make Your Own Natural Red Food Coloring

This may seem odd on an allergy free blog, but I know some people want to avoid food coloring, especially red food coloring, so I thought I'd include this fun discovery I made at Back To Her Roots.  She makes it so easy, and when I tried it, it was just as easy as expected.
photo from Back To Her Roots

DIRECTIONS:

Take three large red beets, remove the green and root end and slice into bite-sized chunks. Place in a small saucepan and cover beets water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat and simmer until beets are tender and there is only a couple of tablespoons of water remaining. Reserve the water (this is your food coloring) and then peel and eat the beets for lunch.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard about using beets for food coloring. I need to try this someday

    ReplyDelete