Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Olive Garden Copy Cat of Zuppa Toscana

I saw this soup in an ad, and wished I could have some. Then I googled the name and found the copycat (link below) at restaurant.food.com. This is my version.  It was a really fun change of pace!
the photo is from the wonderful lady at the below link that recreated the recipe I altered. :0)

1 lb GF Italian sausage (I like mild sausage) 

2 large russet baking potatoes, sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup bacon bit (optional, but I think it made it)
2 garlic cloves, minced (I used a lot more)
2 cups kale or 2 cups swiss chard, chopped
2 (8 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 quart water
1 can coconut milk
A palmful (1 TBS or so) smoked paprika (my addition)
Directions:

1
Chop or slice uncooked sausage into small pieces.
2
Brown sausage in your soup pot.
3
Add chicken broth and water to pot and stir.
4
Place onions, potatoes, and garlic in pot.
5
Cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
6
Add sausage and bacon.
7
Salt and pepper to taste.
8
Simmer for another 10 minutes.
9
Turn to low heat.
10
Add kale and cream.
11
Heat through and serve.

Read more at: http://restaurant.food.com/recipe/olive-garden-copycat-zuppa-toscana-38298?oc=linkback

I served this with crumbled ruffles with ridges on top, as well as the crumbled bacon.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome soup!

    I saw this on Allergy Free Weds - if you're interested, I also shared my recipes on there: my banana bread muffins and mocha banana protein soft serve. Have a great morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE copy cat recipes!!! Its always better at home when we know exactly what's in it :) I'd love to have you link this up at our Gluten Free Fridays recipe link up over at vegetarianmamma.com It actually will go live tonight at 7:05 pm eastern! We are having a giveaway this week from Domata Gluten Free Products! Hope that you can join us, I'd love for you to share some of your awesome goodies!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kamila and Cindy! I just discovered this too late to post. Hope it was successful.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. :) I hope to make it again sometime soon.

      Delete