Friday, July 6, 2012

Chocolate Kiwi Pops

Get a load of these pops here! I think they would be perfect for summer.
photo from showfoodchef


Chocolate Kiwi Pops
  • Kiwi
  • 1 cup dark chocolate
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • Popsicle sticks

Peel and cut kiwi into 1 inch thick rounds, with a Popsicle stick into each round. Freeze them on a tray in the freezer. (This is a must do step.)
Then, melt 1 cup dark chocolate and 1/2 cup coconut oil over a double boiler. (You can make your own using a bowl on your stove over boiling water.) Once melted, cool the chocolate to room temperature.
Dip each frozen kiwi pop in the chocolate. It should harden right away. Place on trays to refreeze until eating or eat immediately . (I’ll take the second choice, please.)
I’m going to try this with bananas–yum!
Thanks, Showfood Chef for the recipe and photo.

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh what an AMAZING little treat! YUMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they look amazing, too! I can't wait to make them!

      Delete
  2. How darling are these!? What a cute idea. I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea, too! I think they would be great for birthday parties!

      Delete