Monday, July 9, 2012

An Allergy-friendly Life Saver

I use Cecelia's Marketplace guide to shop at most stores. Such as here. Instead of buying all of your food from an expensive alternative grocery store, this tells you products at Kroger, Costco, Publix, Safeway, Albertsons or Trader Joes (etc) that are gluten free. This makes it easy and way cheaper. I figure, why buy $6 bacon if you could buy it for $3? It's also great for traveling where you can't get to a specialty store. I took it with me on vacation to Florida a few years ago and it really eased my mind to know I could walk into a chain of grocery stores I don't have where I live, and know I can find foods that I can eat.  They have other guides, too. I use the Gluten free, Casein free, and Soy free guide, myself. If it's not in there, it doesn't mean it's not gluten free. It's not all inclusive. However, if it is in there, they have done the research with the company to know that it is. You can also look at celiac.com or call the company. 

1 comment:

  1. This book was really helpful for me too- I was desperate for a canned marinara and shopping with kids meant I didnt' have time to stand in the aisle and check the backs of every can.

    ReplyDelete