Saturday, February 27, 2016

{Gluten and Dairy Free} Smoked Paprika and Thyme Potato Frittata

 When I made this for dinner tonight I added some garlic, smoked paprika and thyme for the spices. I used spinach, broccoli (chopped fine) and some tomatoes in it.  I love a frittata.  Enjoy! I am posting this at Allergy Free Wednesdays, Wonderful Wednesday and Waste Not Want Not Wednesday. If you can have cheese and dairy put in regular cheese and regular milk. I had my husband do a taste test and he said he couldn't really tell the difference between the two. That was good news!
my photo





Ingredients
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 large clove garlic crushed
1 pound baby potatoes
1 small onion
3 to 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup unsweetened milk substitute 
1/2 cup  Daiya non-dairy cheese

1 cup veggies of choice

optional:
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried thyme
1 TBS garlic


Directions
Heat oven to 450 degrees F.


Heat the olive oil in medium heat-proof skillet over medium-low heat with the clove of crushed garlic. Add the potatoes and onions to the skillet and season with herbs and salt and pepper, to taste. Raise the heat a little and cook for 6 to 7 minutes. Turn the potato/onion mixture over and cook for 5 minutes more. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, veggies and non-dairy cheese, and milk sub together. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and move them around and under the potatoes to settle them. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until golden on top, about 20 minutes until cooked through.
my photo



5 comments:

  1. I love a good frittata as well as smoked paprika so I'll definitely have to give this a try! Thanks so much for sharing it on Waste Not Want Not Wednesday, I'm featuring it this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Danielle! I love smoked paprika and thyme! If you try it, I'd love to hear what you think.

      Delete
  2. Wow that looks phenomenal!!! Picture perfect really!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words! And thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Sounds delicious, Heather! I'd love for you to stop by my blog this weekend and share it at Savoring Saturdays! It'll be live Friday night. :)
    raiasrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete