Monday, July 18, 2016

Review of Applegate Farms Nuggets

556
Have you tried these nuggets?  Awhile ago,  I ate these nuggets paired with sweet potato fries and a fresh salad. It was a crazy fast dinner, and considering I was eating nuggets and fries contained surprisingly little guilt. These nuggets didn't feel greasy. I loved the flavor in the breading. They are a mile better than other gluten and dairy free nuggets I have tried. I didn't miss the "real" thing one bit.  They have 9 grams of fat per 7 nuggets. I love that they are fully cooked so you don't have to worry about contamination or getting them to the right temperature. It makes them so easy to prepare.  If I remember correctly, they take 12 minutes in the oven. These are the perfect thing to have on hand in case you need something quick to grab in case of emergency. If you have a child struggling with going gluten-free I think these would be just the ticket. I have made my own nuggets using chicken thighs meat, breaded in chickpea flour, salt, pepper and cooked through. They were surprisingly easy and delicious. I will definitely buy these on occasion for when I am sick of cooking or need an emergency meal. I am not surprised that they got 4 out of 5 stars rated by 111 people. As far as gluten free goes, it doesn't get much better than this. And last but not least,  I love their motto: "All of the meat, none of the mystery."

Ingredients:Chicken, Water, Corn Starch, Salt, Extract Of Oregano, Battered And Breaded With, Water, Rice Flour, Tapioca Dextrin, Corn Starch, Salt, Spices, Spice Extractives, Extract Of Paprika, Extractive Of Turmeric, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Ground Celery, Breading Set In Canola Oil.

From Applegate Farms Website:

Natural Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets

Our Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets are breaded with a savory blend of rice and corn flour. When baked, the crunchy coating provides the perfect contrast to our tender farm fresh chicken. The nuggets are delicious on their own, or served with your favorite dipping sauce. The gluten free nuggets are now set in canola oil.

2 comments:

  1. great review! convenience foods can be so ... well... CONVENIENT! haha:)

    ReplyDelete