|photo from the Tasty Alternative|
-1 can SCD legal coconut milk
-1/3 cup honey (not raw honey)*
-3/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (10-15 limes depending on the size)
-1 envelope of gelatin*
To food processor add:
1. Lime juice, honey and avocado. Blend until well incorporated.
2. Empty mixture in glass bowl.
3. Add gelatin and whisk until incorporated
4. Heat coconut milk on stove top (do not boil) and add to
lime juice mixture. Whisk until well incorporated,
5. Pour into pie dish (with or without a crust) and place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
6. After the mixture has set, top with whipped lemon coconut cream
Lemon Coconut Cream
-Cream from 1 can of coconut milk*
-3 tablespoons honey
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1/2 teaspoon lemon flavor
Add the whipped coconut cream when the lime filling is completely firm (in fridge for at least 8 hours).
1. To a glass bowl add the honey, vanilla and lemon flavor. Mix.
2. Scoop out the coconut cream and add to the bowl.
3. Mix on high with hand-held mixer until well incorporated.
4. Quickly top pie and place back in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
*Raw honey contains pollen that is extremely irritating to a sensitive gut and digestion.
*Place several cans of coconut milk in the coldest part of your refrigerator for several days. Remember that each can is different, some creams will be thicker than others. Use one with the thickest cream.