Friday, August 5, 2016

What's for Dinner Tonight? EASY {Gluten and Dairy Free} Pulled Pork Sandwiches in the Crockpot

We are having pulled pork for dinner tonight with Southwest Slaw.  My kids love this stuff.   Here is the previous post on it!

If you haven't noticed by now, I think I may have a thing for my crockpot. I just love throwing stuff in, walking away and coming back to a hot meal. I'm not a huge fan of pork, but I love this! Pulled Pork Sandwiches. This goes really well with my Southwest Slaw . I am posting this at Allergy-free Wednesdays. 

1 pound boneless pork
Salt and pepper (I used a sprinkle of McCormick's Steak Seasoning, but don't use too much or it gets spicy after cooking for so long!)
2 cups chopped Spinach
2 cups Barbecue Sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's)
6oz Hard Cider, Root Beer or Apple juice

Put the pork in the crockpot. Sprinkle with Salt. Add the Spinach. Put the BBQ sauce on top. Pour the Hard Cider, Root Beer or Apple Juice on top of that. Turn on low for 8 hours. Serve in between slices of your favorite GF bread!

3 comments:

  1. spinach??? wow! who would have thought?
    We'll have to try this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it without the BBQ sauce (we were out!) and I let it marinate in Santa Cruz root beer/salt n' pepper overnight in a big ziplock. Verdict: it was mouthwatering, but sheesh- I should have waited 'til I had BBQ sauce on hand- I think it really needed that!

    ReplyDelete