Saturday, June 16, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Teff Bread

I am hankering banana bread lately and this recipe here sounds like just what I'm looking for. This gal is one of my favorite food bloggers and cookbook authors along with her husband. I don't think I've ever tried anything of hers that I didn't like. Except maybe some cinnamon rolls that I had to change so much that they weren't really her recipe anymore. :0)
from nourishingmeals.com

Chocolate Chip Banana Teff Bread

1 ½ cups sorghum flour
1 cup teff flour (brown or ivory - I used brown here)
½ cup tapioca flour
½ cup coconut sugar, maple sugar, or organic cane sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons xanthan gum or guar gum
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 cups mashed ripe bananas, about 4 large
1 cup vanilla hemp milk, soy milk, almond milk, or rice milk
¼ cup melted virgin coconut oil or grape seed oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup or more mini-chocolate chips, optional

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil 4 mini-loaf pans or 1 muffin pan.

In a large bowl combine the flours, tapioca flour, sugar, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Mix well.

Place the bananas into a 4-cup glass measuring cup and mash with a fork; it should equal approximately 2 cups. Mash more if needed to get at least 2 cups. Add the milk to the mashed bananas and whisk it together with the oil and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently mix together being careful not to over mix. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.

Spoon batter into oiled pans, gently rounding the tops with the back of a spoon into a loaf shape. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 30 to 35 minutes (20 to 25 mins for muffins). Loosen sides with a knife and gently take out of pans and place onto a wire rack to cool.
 Source:www.NourishingMeals.com

4 comments:

  1. that sounds so delicious! i love choc chips for breakfast! haha thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great recipe! We are big, big fans of teff. I love its nutty, earthy flavor. I bet it tastes fantastic with bananas. I'm pinning this recipe for sure!

    Have a great rest of your weekend.

    Be Well,
    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting, ladies! I think chocolate teff and bananas sound like a deadly combo. I agree, any excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting, ladies! I think chocolate teff and bananas sound like a deadly combo. I agree, any excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast is a good one!

    ReplyDelete