Sunday, June 17, 2012

Guilt Free Chocolate Mouse

I like this idea a lot. Chocolate mouse without refined sugar here. Judging by the comments it sounds like that might be a bit much for agave nectar. I might try 2/3 cup pure maple syrup.


Ingredients:
  • 4 ripe avocados
  • 1 cup agave nectar
  • 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Cup open avocados and scoop out the insides. Combine with other ingredients and blend until smooth.
I tried blending everything in a blender first, but it kept getting stuck, so I transferred everything to a mixing bowl and used an electric mixer, which took care of all the small avocado chunks. I would recommend cutting the avocado into small pieces to make it more manageable. Would probably work well in a food processor also.
Though using avocados as a dessert base may sound odd, they provide a creamy texture with just a hint of exotic flavor. I often find vegan desserts to be dry and bland, but this mousse was excellent, especially when served with fresh berries. And with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, which help lower cholesterol, it’s 100% guilt-free. I’m not even vegan, but I will definitely be putting this delicious, healthy dessert into regular rotation!

1 comment:

  1. I loveeee making avocado pudding! It's so rich and decadent! thanks for sharing! sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete