Monday, July 2, 2012

Strawberry Arugala Salad with Cilantro Honey Dressing

photo from glutenfreecat.com
Note to self: Make this recipe ASAP. It sounds wholesome and so delicious. I love this website here, glutenfreecat.com where I stumbled upon this recipe. My husband isn't crazy about cilantro. I guess he didn't get that cilantro loving gene. It seems people love it or hate it. As Rachel Ray suggests, I think I may add a little chopped mint to the dressing. She says it tones down the strong cilantro flavor for those who find it a bit overwhelming. MMM. . . .my mouth waters just thinking about this salad. Enjoy!


Strawberry Arugula Salad with Sweet Honey Cilantro Dressing
by Heather(from the glutenfreecat.com) and Diane
Salad ingredients:
  • 4 c. arugula
  • 1 c. sliced strawberries
  • 1 c. chopped cucumber
  • 1 avocado, sliced
  • 1 whole strawberry, fan cut
Dressing Ingredients:
  • 1 c. cilantro
  • 1 c. olive oil
  • 2 T. honey
  • 4 cloves garlic
Directions:
1.  Place all dressing ingredients in a mini food processor or Vitamix and blend until smooth.
2.  Place arugula in a bowl and layer strawberries and cucumbers on top.
3.  Fan the avocado slices on top of the salad.
4.  Fan cut the whole strawberry and place on top for decoration.
5.  Drizzle entire salad with dressing.
Serves 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment