|photo from cookingglutenfreeblogspot.com|
2 6 oz. Containers SO Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk Yogurt, Greek Style
1/2 Tsp. Minced Garlic
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1/4 Tsp. Onion Powder
1 Tbsp. Sugar or Honey (more if you don't use the vanilla flavor)
1 Tbsp. SO Delicious Coconut Creamer Or Milk Alternative (optional but gives a more neutral flavor)
1/4 Tsp. Lemon Juice
1 1/2 Tsp. Agar Powder*
1. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the minced garlic. Use the back of a spoon or knife to mix them together and make a paste.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, garlic paste, onion powder, and sugar. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
3. In a small saucepan, mix together the yogurt mixture with the agar until completely incorporated.
4. Then, turn the burner to medium and slowly bring to a boil.
5. Reduce to low and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
7. Transfer to a plastic container. Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours, or until firm.
Use as a 1:1 substitute anywhere cream cheese is called for and enjoy!
I don't have a scale but I think this is equal to approximately 12 oz. of cream cheese