Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Surprising Egg Replacer Discoveries


Coconut Oil 

This wonderful tip is from hopeskitchen.info! "Coconut oil works wonderfully in baked goods like quick bread, muffins and cakes.  To substitute 2 eggs, I use 1/4 c coconut oil.  Be sure to melt the coconut oil first before you measure it."


Maple Syrup 

The other day I ended up running out of granulated maple sugar for my favorite waffle recipe here.  So instead I used maple syrup and reduced the liquid slightly. In my haste, I actually forgot the egg replacer. To my delight, you couldn't tell the difference at all!  So I just put 1/2 cup maple syrup in my waffle recipe (instead of sugar), omitted the egg replacer and walla!  It binded it beautifully. I'm guessing this could work in other baked goods as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment