Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Garlic Jim's Gluten Free Vegan Pizza

What? This was my response when my husband threw a frozen pizza with cheese on it in our shopping cart at Manna Mills. I knew he wouldn't buy a more expensive health food store pizza for himself (he's a frugal one that can eat anything), but there was no way I could eat it. Or was there? To my shock, it is soy, dairy, nut, egg and gluten free. Garlic Jim's is now not only using a gluten-free crust, but is using my favorite "Daiya" cheese I mentioned before. The texture is a bit oozier than "real" cheese, but is the closest thing I have had in a very long time. I added my own pepperoni, black olives, green pepper, and mushrooms at home. Then I cooked up the closest thing to "real" pizza that I have had in over 6 years. I didn't know that I would be able to buy a frozen pizza like that ever again, so this was a hugely wonderful surprise. And it only cost $11.99 which is way cheaper than buying a pizza at the gluten free restaurant we used to go to. Here are the places where their website says they carry it now.

Here are the stores currently carrying our frozen vegan dairy-free pizzas:
Janell’s Gluten Free Market (Everett)
Sno-Isle Natural Foods Co-op (Everett)
GF Joes Market (Tumwater)
Nature’s Market (Kent)
Terra Organica (Bellingham)
The Grainery (Burien)
Manna Mills (Mountlake Terrace)
There are also 4 Garlic Jim’s stores that are testing Daiya cheese: Edmonds, Ravenna, Redmond and West Seattle

No comments:

Post a Comment