I am excited to try this recipe. I would use Daiya cheese, brown rice tortillas and this recipe for taco seasoning.
A light and tasty burrito recipe with rice, black beans, chicken, and cilantro.
Author: Kelly - Simple Life Mom
Recipe type: Main
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups (or 16oz) black beans
- 1-2 tomatos, diced
- 2 cups cilantro, chopped
- 3 chicken thighs
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 8oz shredded cheddar cheese (I would use Daiya Cheddar)
- salsa (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- Combine rice and water and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and turn burner down to a simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until rice is done.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken thighs in a skillet on medium heat, adding taco seasoning to taste.
- Remove chicken from heat and dice.
- Add cooked rice, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro,and black beans.
- Add a large spoonful of rice mixture to a tortilla, sprinkle with cheese, salsa, and lettuce (if desired), wrap up, and enjoy!
photo from Simple Life Mom