Thursday, April 23, 2015

10 Things Only Someone With Gluten Sensitivity Would Understand

Prevention magazine has this funny little article that I thought was worth sharing.  Here are a few of them. I think these might be my favorite, but it's hard to say. If you'd like to commiserate with others that are gluten free this is for you!
photo from Prevention.com
1. When your friends suggest "sharing a bunch of things" at dinner.
Nope. That's a terrible idea. One of two things is about to happen: (1) I can only eat one or two of the things we order, will end up hungry and grumpy, and will become even more bitter when some suggests we evenly split the check; or (2) You guys are going to be nice and suggest that we pick only gluten-free items, and then I'm going to feel really guilty as you longing look at other tables' far more appealing gluten-packed meals. 
2. When, in front of a big group, someone asks you what happens when you eat gluten.
This is about to get awkward. Do you really want to know the gory details of my digestive woes? You're going to be sorry you asked.
and 
5. When someone apologizes for enjoying something with gluten in front of you.
Jeez, do I look that upset? Just because I can't eat that cookie (or pizza, or cronut) doesn't mean I don't want you to enjoy it!
6. When you ask the waiter what desserts are gluten-free and she suggests a bowl of fruit.
[Single tear rolls down cheek]
To see the rest go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment