|photo from All Day I Dream About Food|
Chia Seed Blender Pancakes with Wild Blueberry Syrup
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 6 large eggs (could try egg replacer!)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk alternative)
- 1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill coconut flour
- 3 tbsp Bob's Red Mill chia seeds
- 3 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Coconut oil spray for the pan
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries, water, and sweetener. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Sprinkle with xanthan gum and whisk quickly to combine. Let cool.
- In a large, high-powered blender, combine the eggs, almond milk, coconut flour, chia seeds, sweetener, baking powder, vanilla extract and salt.
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium heat and spray with coconut oil spray.
- Pour pancake batter into 4-inch circles and cook until bubbles begin to appear in the top of the pancake and the underside is set, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently flip pancakes and cook until second side is golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Note: Batter thickens as it sits so you may need to use a cooking utensil to spread it into a circle for the last few batches.
- Serve with butter and blueberry syrup.
Read more at http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2015/02/low-carb-chia-seed-blender-pancakes-with-wild-blueberry-syrup.html#RoCMkc8JFRzYZguf.99