Saturday, July 23, 2016

{Gluten and Dairy Free} Crockpot Honey Mustard Chicken

Lauren's Latest has this great make ahead recipe for chicken in the crockpot. You can double this, throw one in the freezer and then next time dinner is a snap!   Another idea is to do a swap with a friend. You make one for you, one for them and they do the same of another dish. I made it dairy free in the parenthesis.
photo from Lauren's Latest

Sweet, slightly tangy, buttery and addicting, with one taste this crock-pot honey mustard chicken will be your new favorite dinner ever. This slow cooked chicken is sure to rock your socks.
yield: 4 SERVINGS

prep time: 20 MINUTES

cook time: 4 HOURS

total time: 4 HOURS 20 MINUTES

INGREDIENTS:

2 chicken breasts {about 1 lb.}
1/2 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup dijon mustard
3/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons salted butter (I would use extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil)
1 sprig fresh rosemary
salt & pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons dried chives {for garnish; optional}

DIRECTIONS:

Place all ingredients into plastic freezer bag. Seal and freeze.
To make, defrost bag, place contents into crockpot and cook covered 3-4 hours on high or until chicken is fully cooked. Discard rosemary sprig. Remove chicken, shred and place back into sauce. Stir in a few chives for color if desired. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Serve over rice.

2 comments:

  1. That looks mouthwatering! I like these kinds of crockpot recipes because by the end of the day I'm ready to get off my feet for a bit and the last thing I want to do is spend an hour more in a hot kitchen.
    My kids eat anything that has "honey" in the name too;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. My mouth is watering, too!

      Delete