|photo credit: Simple Life Mom|
An amazing rub that brings out the flavors of the juicy salmon, while giving it a nice outside crust.
Author: Kelly - Simple Life Mom
Recipe type: Main
Serves: ¾ cup
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- ¼ cup Chili Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2-4 Tbsp coconut oil
- juice from one whole lemon
- Combine all ingredients and store in airtight jar.
- Rub onto both sides of thawed or fresh salmon.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and add 2-4 Tbsp coconut oil.
- After oil is melted and skillet is hot, gently lay salmon flat.
- Grill 3-5 minutes each side (depending on thickness). You will see that it is no longer bright pink, but a more opaque whitish pink. Do not over cook.
- Serve immediately, bringing extra lemon juice to the table (we like the added zing from the lemon).
Read more at http://simplelifemom.com/2015/02/20/best-salmon-rub-recipe-ever/#doBDEKekzk1K0z9X.99