Thursday, January 4, 2018

EASY Allergy-friendly Sugar-free CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES

You heard me. There is no sugar in these, but these are sweet and rich. I like to freeze mine and take one out to calm my sweet tooth. This is adapted from The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook by Alissa Segerten and Tom Malterre.  (to find out more about the book, you can click on it's picture where I list my favorites on the right)

2 cups raw walnuts (or other nut)
1 cup medjool date pitted
4 to 6 TBS cocoa powder

I make it with 3 cups dates and omit the nuts.


  1.  Place nuts in a food processor fitted with an "s" blade. Process until finely ground and pasty.
  2. Add dates and cocoa powder and continue to process until well-combined. Add more dates for a sweeter taste and process again.
  3. Roll into small balls and place into a bowl of shredded coconut if you wish. Make sure each ball gets coated in coconut,then place onto a plate. I eat mine without coconut. They are great with the extras(I wonder what they'd be like with pistachios?) but I think they are dynamite even plain with dates and cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment