Monday, January 23, 2012

Other GF Soy Sauce Substitutes

It took me years before I was given the memo that Soy Sauce has wheat in it unless it says it is wheat free.  As mentioned before, I use chicken broth and extra salt in my asian recipes (instead of soy)and don't notice a difference.  At most stores you can buy a tamari sauce that says it is wheat free. But at livingwithout.com they talk about these other ideas.

If you’re avoiding gluten, San-J (san-j.com) (go here to buy it at amazon) produces gluten-free soy sauce or try Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (bragg.com). If you’re avoiding soy, Coconut Secret (coconutsecret.com) makes a new soy-free seasoning sauce called Coconut Aminos. It’s also gluten free and dairy free.

Some of my favorite Seattle restauarants that can make asian food gluten free include: Thai Siam, Jamjuree Thai, and PF Changs.

No comments:

Post a Comment