Thank you Coconut Mama! This is on my "to-do" list. One look at the photo, and I bet you'll understand why. Wow!
|photo from the coconut mama|
Chocolate Coconut Butter Bars
- 1 Cup Soy Free Chocolate Chips, melted
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Butter
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Raw Honey, Maple Syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- Pour melted chocolate chips over a greased 5×7 bread pan.
- Spread chocolate evenly over pan and place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- Melt coconut butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Add vanilla and sweeten to taste. I added about 3 tablespoons of honey to this batch.
- Pour coconut butter mixture over cooled chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate the bars for 1 hour or until the coconut butter layer is solid.
- Bring bars to room temperature and cut into even squares (this is the easiest way to cut the bars).
- Refrigerate the cut coconut butter bars.
- Flip the bars out of the pan and serve.
- Keep these babies stored in the refrigerator so the don’t melt on you!