Saturday, December 26, 2015

Red Robin Gluten Free Buns Now Available



So I was minding my own business at Red Robin. I was gearing up for my "natural burger" (now called the simple burger) without Red Robin seasoning. It's pretty plain jane. I basically  count my blessings and order it for the excuse to eat the fries.  Until today. I just finished saying, "Let's see, what should I have. . . the natural burger or the natural burger?"  When my husband pointed out they now have gluten free buns.
Excuse me? I could hardly believe my ears.  I asked the waiter and he said they were some well known brand that started with an "o". After further (polite) inquiries,  I found out it was Udi's. It is gluten, dairy, soy, and nut free. It does contain eggs. I can cheat with eggs every once in awhile and not really regret it. So I took the plunge. For $1.00 more I could  give it a go. Can I just say that eating a bun in public was quite the experience. One of those things I never thought I would say, but true. It definitely does something for a plain jane burger when you can replace the lettuce wrap with a real bona fide bun. It was a great unexpected surprise. If you are itching for a burger at a restaurant, maybe you could call your favorite Red Robin and see if they offer the same.


UDI's bun INGREDIENTS: WATER, UDI’S BEST BLEND (TAPIOCA STARCH, BROWN RICE & POTATO FLOUR), NON-GMO VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA OR SUNFLOWER OR SAFFLOWER), EGG WHITES, RESISTANT CORN STARCH, CANE SYRUP, TAPIOCA MALTODEXTRIN, EVAPORATED CANE JUICE, TAPIOCA SYRUP, YEAST, SUGARCANE FIBER, SALT, GUM (XANTHAN GUM, SODIUM ALGINATE, GUAR GUM), CULTURED CORN SYRUP SOLIDS (NATURAL MOLD INHIBITOR), XANTHAN GUM, ENZYMES. 
CONTAINS: EGGS



1 comment:

  1. The buns are awesome. Way better than the Udi's buns available in the supermarket. These must be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete