Thursday, January 14, 2016

{Gluten, Peanut and Dairy Free} Muddy Buddies

Have you had these before? When I was in college I simply adored this easy snack made with just a few simple ingredients. They are positively addictive!  After many years. . . ahem. . . I won't say how many. . .I decided I missed them and wanted to make them allergy friendly. They turned out just like I remember them! They are gluten, dairy, egg, nut, peanut, and soy (if you use oil) free. They are not refined sugar free.  My favorite part is that they take a few minutes to make and feed 18 people! I am taking them for dessert at a function tonight!Ingredients


9
cups Rice Chex™
1
cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
1/2
cup sun butter
1/4
earth's balance spread, coconut oil, or any other  oil (I used grapeseed)
1
teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
1 1/2
cups powdered sugar

Directions

  • 1 Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
  • 2 In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, sun butter and oil uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
  • 3 Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment