Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Easy {Gluten and Dairy Free} Mediterranean Chicken Shawarma

My friend Lori gave me this amazing recipe years ago that I have tweaked just a little bit. I just rediscovered it and am fantasizing about dinner all day. I love this dish! The sauce really does make it. My husband hates curry, but enjoys this dish! When we lived on the Mercy Ships we had curried EVERYTHING to the point where he can't usually stomach it. But he likes this so much it used to be a staple in our diets. Just to warn you, tahini is sesame for those that have a problem with sesame. I bought a bottle of lemon juice and a jar of pre-chopped garlic. That with the curry from the bulk section of herbs makes this dish easy, and very affordable, too. I am posting this at Allergy-free Wednesdays.

Marinade:
10 cloves chopped garlic
2 juiced lemons (6 Tablespoons of lemon juice)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tsp curry
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Sauce:
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup tahini
1/2 cup water
1 TBS lemon juice

For Sauce:
Blend sauce ingredients in the food processor until foamy.

Directions:
Marinade 2 pounds of chopped chicken overnight. (I do it just all day)
Pan fry chicken and marinade, I add chopped spinach for additional nutritional value.
When cooked chop on tomato.
Serve over rice. Top with Tahini Sauce.



No comments:

Post a Comment