Thursday, July 30, 2015

Review of Coors Peak Gluten Free Beer

So, I recently try Coors Peak gluten free beer "for the blog".   I need to let you know that I am not a big beer or alcohol connoisseur. So this is coming from my limited experience. However, I would have to say that compared to other gluten free beers that I have tried, this is the closest to the "real thing".  I was terribly impressed that they could come up with one so believable when they are not a gluten free company. But, perhaps they had great success because they know just what beer should taste like. This had a very light taste with a little after taste.  My husband has had beer on occasion, more than I have, including trying a few gluten free beers. He agreed that it had one of the closest to barley beer flavors that he has tried.  He described it as light.   The best part? It's something you can buy at Fred Meyer and is cheaper than other gfree beers I've tried. So if you have a recipe that requires beer, this is a great one to use!

It's called a "copper lager" and is "naturally gluten free".  It is made from water, brown rice malt, brown rice, pea protein, hops, and caramel sugar.   It contains 150 calories for one beer.    So there you have it. My two cents. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment