Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Healthy (Gluten, Dairy and Nut Free) Easter Basket Ideas

I loved nourishingmeals.com's easter basket ideas here. They are healthy and mostly allergy friendly. (I will exclude the ones that aren't allergy friendly.) 
May I also suggest:

  • Theo Chocolate
  • stickers
  • a book
  • Enjoy Life Chocolate chips in easter eggs
  • Thomas trains
  • pure maple candies
  • water colors
  • chalk for the sidewalk
  • bubbles
  • GF play dough (recipe here)
  • dairy free hot chocolate dry ingredients in snack bags including marshmellows (go here for the recipe, minus the milk of course)
  • trail mix of GF pretzels, Enjoy Life chocolate chips, and raisins, or Enjoy Life trail mix
  • card game like Uno or Go Fish
  • stamps and ink pad
  • colorful erasers
  • bookmarks
  • Hot Wheel Cars
  • silly bands or bracelets
  • a children's devotional or Bible . . . .


This is what she suggests:

  • organic fruit leathers
  • chamomile tea bags 
  • organic sunflower seeds for the garden (any seed pack would work) 
  • a small box of Glee Gum 
  • some natural children's toothpaste and a new toothbrush 
  • natural lotion and soap (nut-free)
  • a few dark chocolates
  • art supplies 

I always fill the Plastic Easter Eggs with simple things that be used in creative play or eaten as a healthy snack. It is the joy of opening them up to see what's inside for young children, not the exact contents:

  • polished stones 
  • crystals
  • marbles 
  • beeswax crayons
  • money
  •  seeds 
  • dried cranberries 
  • dried mango 
  • usually a few organic jelly beans

Interested in dying eggs naturally? We've done it before with red onion skins, turmeric, and spirulina. Here is a link to an exact process for dying eggs with natural colors from plants:" (Please go to her site here to get this link)!

7 comments:

  1. The nuts are not allergy friendly in my house as is many natural soaps and lotions that contain nut oils, but the other things are nice ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will take me just a liitle while to get to my computer where I can change it. I was thinking those items work for those who can have nuts, but I really need to qualify or change it since many (myself included) can't have them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put googles in my kids Easter baskets. Summer is just right around the corner and the pool. Good brands are usually on sale at TJ Maxx right now. My kids love them! Of course, they only last about 1 week at the pool before they're lost, but at least I covered both the Easter basket and summer gear territory. Thanks for the other great suggestions!

    By the way, I'd love for you to share this at an allergy-friendly blog hop I co-host with 6 other bloggers. It's Allergy-Free Wednesdays and there are a lot of allergy-themed posts/recipes shared. You can find it at http://willingcook.com/allergy-free-wednesdays-april-4-2012/

    Michelle @ willingcook.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are honey sticks allergy friendly? They would look nice in a basket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping over at our Allergy-Free Wednesdays blog hop last week. You have some great ideas that I'm sure were helpful to many people this past weekend. I'm a bit late this week, but want to thank you for sharing at last week's Allergy-Free Wednesdays. We hope that we'll see you again this week.

    ~Michelle, AFW Hostess

    ReplyDelete