Tuesday, May 10, 2016

PCC Gluten-free Walk

I had the pleasure of doing the gluten-free walk at PCC a couple of years ago. It was super helpful. In the classroom they had samples laid out that you could nibble on while you waited.  A chia drink, granola, and cinnamon bread were a few of the delights. After it started there was a great presentation put on by the gentleman who educates the staff on gluten intolerance. He is celiac and  displayed a wealth of information. Even after being gluten free for almost a decade, I found it informative with many new things to learn.  He went over some handouts that had great recipes, info on gluten, etc. After that was over we got up and started the walk part. He gave us a tour of many aisles of PCC and pointed out many products I have never tried before. I decided to grab a few new ones. This is where I discovered Canyon Bakehouse bread, and some new pastas.  I even received a coupon for $10 off of $40 so it gave me a great excuse to try these new products. If you are in the Seattle area, and are gluten free I'd highly recommend it. Other people who were not newbies seemed to really enjoy it and learn from it as well. If you are new to the gluten free diet this would be an excellent intro!

No comments:

Post a Comment