Friday, March 9, 2012

A Review of Non-Dairy Cheeses

Tired of the same old, same old non-dairy cheeses? Go here to find reviews of a variety of vegan cheeses. This gal did a grilled cheese experiment and used some cheeses I have never even heard of. I was pleased with how well Daiya, my current favorite did.  One interesting quote she had was, E magazine’s Just Like Cheese? says, “When put on a strict, meat- and dairy-free ‘vegan’ regimen, the food most missed by 59 overweight post-menopausal women was cheese.” 


You can say that again. More than gluten, or chocolate, or most anything, I really miss good old fashioned cheese! My step-brother had a great tip. He said to think of it as trying something new instead of trying to replace a food. This does help with making the transition. I have had to give up finding something identical to cheese. It took me awhile, but I'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment