Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dairy Free White Nectarine Ice Cream

This recipe sounds absolutely sensational. It does contain cashews. But no dairy, or white sugar. I bet you could omit the nuts and almond flavoring. That's my plan. This is on my list of ice creams to try. It's from one my favorite blogs nourishingmeals.com here. Her photo alone makes me hungry.


"White Nectarine Ice Cream

This off-white ice cream is flecked with little bits pink from the diced nectarine. It is sweet, rich, and scoops perfectly. Definitely a crowd pleaser! I use my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker which can be found here. For the ice cream, you can use either fresh or frozen nectarines. If using frozen, your blended cream with turn into "ice cream" much quicker. I use raw blue agave nectar which I have found yields the best results. You may also try honey or light agave but I prefer the richer flavors of the raw blue agave.

3/4 cup raw cashews
5 medjool dates, pitted
1 can coconut milk
3 large white nectarines, pitted*
1/4 to 1/2 cup agave nectar
2 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 teaspoons almond flavoring

1. Place the cashews and dates into a small bowl and cover with water. Let soak for about 3 hours.

2. Then drain off the water and place the cashews and dates into a high powered blender along with the coconut milk, 2 of the nectarines, agave nectar, maple syrup, vanilla, and almond flavoring.

3. Blend on high until very smooth and creamy. Pour the cream into your ice cream maker and proceed as the manufacturer's directions suggest.Dice the third nectarine and toss into the ice cream as it is running in the machine. I run mine for 20 minutes and then place the ice cream in the freezer for about 4 to 5 hours until it is ready to scoop. Source: www.nourishingmeals.com.

*Notes: If you cannot find large nectarines, use 5 small ones in place of the 3 I suggest. Use 3 for blending into the cream and the remaining 2 for dicing."


No comments:

Post a Comment