I love this post here at tessadomesticdiva.com. Wraps are so great for dinner, as well as on a trip or in a lunchbox. The photos come from her super cool blog. Here's what she says:
"Wraps are a lovely way to change things up in a lunchbox. They look cool, provide a bit of novelty, and taste great!
- Brown rice tortillas – To use these, heat a 1/2 teaspoon of oil in a pan over medium heat. Turn tortilla once, this makes them pliable and very tasty! Do not short-cut this tep or they will crack and break.
- Gluten free flour tortillas. My favorite tortilla recipe I have tried is over at Lexie’s Kitchen (picture at right). Cybel Pascal also has one.
- Corn tortillas
- Teff tortillas
- Rice paper wrappers – Asian section of most grocery stores
- Lettuce leaves (iceberg, readleaf, green leaf, butter, napa cabbage are all good options)
- Nori – I prefer toasted and this seaweed used for sushi applications is found in almost all Asian sections.
Here are 10 different wrap ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- The Orig: Chipotle cream cheese (pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce mixed w/ allowed cream cheese to taste), romain lettuce, turkey slices, slice of crispy bacon.
- Tuna Hummus Humdinger: favorite hummus (we use a spicy version), tuna salad(we just mix tuna w/ a bit of mayo and mustard), Romain lettuce, pickled jalapeno slices.
- Holey Guacamole! Guacamole, ham, peeled cumber
- Beaneriffic: Refried beans, favorite cheese, rice, lettuce, avocado, tomato or salsa
- Asian Salad Rolls: Favorite veggie saute wrapped within a rice paper wrapper along with some chicken or tofu. (at right)
- Eggtastic: Egg salad, romaine lettuce, pimentos, red peppers, pickles
- BLT: Bacon, lettuce, tomato, and some mayo!
- Medditerrean: Goat Cheese, olives, red peppers, lettuce, tomatoes and favorite deli meat or salami
- Italian: Salami or pepperoni slices, allowed mozzarella, onion, lettuce, marinated artichokes
- Grilled Veggie: Marinate some favorite veg (summer squash, mushroom, eggplant, peppers, etc), Grill it all up, and wrap it up with some cheese, cooked rice, or both!