Friday, June 28, 2013

Cantinetta

photo from their website here.

So, it was Mother's Day and we decided to go all out and splurge as part of my gift. We went to a restaurant that I found to have gluten free food through  urbanspoon.com. I called at the last minute to see about a reservation and the host was happy to have us. We drove to Wallingford, and parked just a hop, skip and a jump away. I was impressed with how many things they served that they were willing to make gluten and dairy free. They even changed some ingredients and cooked some new things for me. We split several meals between our family. They didn't have gf pasta, but I was able to enjoy meat dishes and vegetable dishes.  I was impressed that even though they had to change a lot of things, the food was still bursting with flavor (a problem that I have had at other restaurants is it is bland). The waitress was very accomodating. It was one of the more interesting and flavorful meals I have had in a long time. It's not easy on the checkbook, but they do have a coupon in the Chinook Book.

(206) 632-1000
3650 Wallingford Ave
Seattle, WA 98103

Sun - Thu 5PM - 10PM
Fri - Sat 5PM - 11PM
Closed Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment