Friday, March 27, 2015

{Vegan and Gluten Free} Raw Thai Salad

It's no secret that I love me some Thai food. One Green Planet has me totally tempted with this beautiful recipe.  I would omit the cashews and soy beans and add cooked chicken.  Instead of almond butter I would use sunflower seed butter. See parentheses for more substitutions ideas. Yum!!! You know how some things are so greasy you feel like your arteries are clogging just looking at them? I feel like the opposite may have happened with this bowl of delicious goodness!
photo from One Green Planet

SPICY RAW THAI SALAD [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]

SERVES

6

INGREDIENTS

For the Spicy Thai Peanut Dressing:
  • 1/4 cup tamari (tamari is a gluten free soy sauce) (or coconut aminos)
  • 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (I may use rice vinegar or pomegranate juice)
  • 3 Tbs finely minced ginger
  • 3 Tbs olive oil
  • 2 Tbs almond butter (I would use sunbutter)
  • 2 Tbs Hoisin sauce (gf hoisin or I would add a tsp of molasses instead)
  • 1 Tbs toasted sesame oil
  • 1 tsp spicy chili oil (optional but I had it on hand and knew it would make a great addition!)
  • 1 tsp sriracha or more if you like it spicy!
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 dash of stevia to taste – also a dollop of agave or maple syrup could work
  • 3 chopped green onions, green and white parts
  • 2 Tbs chopped chives (optional but use ‘em if you got ‘em!)
For the Salad:
  • red & orange bell peppers
  • Pre-mixed kale salad or you could also use shredded cabbage + shredded kale if you can’t find a mix in your area.
  • broccoli slaw
  • shredded carrots
  • 1 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1.5 cups frozen edamame, thawed (I would swap this for cooked chicken)
  • Thai lime and chili cashews – roughly chopped
  • 2 Tbs chopped chives as garnish – again this is optional but highly recommended since it gives great flavor!
For the instructions go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment