Saturday, December 5, 2015

Cookbook I Want To Try

This cookbook looks super interesting. The photos are so amazing. She has traditional ingredients and the vegan or gluten free alternatives. I'm curious how they turn out if you alter it in both ways. The recipes look to die for. They look a bit time consuming, but if it turned out super well, it might be worth it. I'll let you know what I think after I try it!  It got 4.5 stars. I'm thinking this would be the perfect cookbook to get if you are not gluten free, or vegan, but sometimes want to cook for people that are, just like a friend of mine. You could still use the cookbook for your family and then you can accommodate others when they come over. Fun gift idea!

"You can have your cake and eat it too with celebrity baker Gesine Bullock-Prado’s latest cookbook. Featuring more than eighty delicious, indulgent cookies, pies, cakes, and more with proven swap-outs that give the option of making each dessert healthy, gluten-free, and vegan.
                               
In today’s allergy-prone and health-obsessed world, there are times when the refined sugar, eggs, wheat, or butter in our favorite treats just won’t cut it. Let Them Eat Cake includes classic recipes in all their extravagant glory, as well as the secrets to making three alternative versions of each one. From a Fudgy Chocolate Bundt and Maple Madeleines to Meyer Lemon Mile High Pie and Banana Split Ice Cream, this collection of cookies, muffins, brownies, pies, and cakes proves that, no matter your preferences, no dessert is off-limits. " 

A reviewer said, "I took a class with Gesine Bulock-Prado at the King Arthur Cooking School last year and enjoyed it so much, I wanted to get the book. Her recipes are easy to understand, have great tips, and her writing style is very personable. I am vegetarian, tending toward vegan, and I have friends who are gluten free, diabetic and dieting. I've made the GF chocolate chip cookies, which are amazing. Most friends ask for the recipe, but mine just ask me to make more! I'll be buying the cookbook again as a gift for a friend who loves to bake but has 2 grandchildren with food allergies."

No comments:

Post a Comment