Monday, January 11, 2016

Dairy Free Dips I Want to Try

Go Dairy Free has a great review of these dips. I have been craving artichoke dip for a very long time. I made my own a few years ago and need to try to remember how I did it, because I really enjoyed it. When I do, I'll post the recipe here.

 I love the Go Dairy Free site, and man, I am sold after reading about them here. This is just part of her review. For all of the details stop on by Go Dairy Free: "Hands down our favorite, the Spinach Artichoke Dip had an appealing sour cream-like consistency, but with tons of spinach and artichoke bits! The flavor is a touch sharp and tangy, but with a relatively well-rounded, herby flavor. Overall, it was not only addictive straight-up with bread and veggies, we also morphed it into an amazing sauce for a rice dish!
The Bac’n Chedd’r Dip held the most allure and a unique scent that did in fact remind me of bacon and cheddar. But the taste had a sharp tang that overpowered and exuded just a mild smokiness, with nary a hint of cheesiness. The bacon bits were chewy in a different way, softer and tasted like marinated coconut chips, which they might have been. This is easily a good base for another dish, but for us to enjoy it as a dip, it needs a little more warmth and depth in flavor.
The Chile Con Queso is pleasantly, yet mildly cheesy, and complimented with notably fresh, organic tomatoes. But what really takes center stage here is the chiles! While I loved the underlying flavor, this fire-breathing dip was too hot for my timid taste buds, so I passed it on to Tony. I assumed my hot sauce-loving husband would relish the heat, but it was too powerful for him! If you love pushing fiery limits, then this dip is for you."
photo from Go Dairy Free

No comments:

Post a Comment