Thursday, July 31, 2014

World's Best Chicken

This chicken from Rachel Shultz sounds amazing. I mean how do you top the "World's Best"?  I am so tempted to try it! It certainly has great flavors. I showed some adaptations that I would make. I would make the brussel sprouts without pecans.

THE WORLD’S BEST CHICKEN
Serves 3-4
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Dijon mustard (gluten free)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (I would use pomegranate juice. Red wine can have trace amounts of dairy)
Salt & pepper
Fresh rosemary
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, syrup, and vinegar.
Place chicken breasts into 9×13 lined baking dish. Season with salt & lots of pepper. Pour mustard mixture over chicken. Make sure each breast is coated. Put some more pepper on, if you please. No need to marinate. (I love that because I hate marinating/often forget to until it’s too late.)
photo from rachelshultz.com
Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees. Exactly how long you should leave it in is based on personal preference and your oven. I like my chicken borderline dry, so I leave it in the full 40 minutes, and sometimes even bump the heat up to 450 degrees to really get the flavors baked on. (This is where having lined the pan with foil will keep clean up easy!)  There will be extra sauce in the pan, which you can elect to toss out or use for extra flavoring.
Season with fresh rosemary. And prepare for people to ask you to make it again!
THE WORLD'S BEST CHICKEN from Rachel Schultz
photo from rachelshultz. com
For everyone who has kindly inquired, here is the recipe for the side dish pictured in these photos: pan-seared brussels sprouts with cranberries & pecans. And if you’re still in the mood for some “best-ever” stuff, (who isn’t?) try the best cobbler you’ve ever had for dessert.
PS: To make this in the slow cooker, combine all ingredients and cook on low for 3-4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment