Friday, September 21, 2012

Deep Thoughts by Heather

Remember deep thoughts by Jack Handey? My deep thought posts aren't nearly as funny and clever. In fact they are quite serious. But at the end I will include a link to one his deep thoughts for fun.

This is a new series I am doing. At the risk of stating the obvious, I am going to share some new revelations I have had with allergy-friendly cooking that have simplified my life, or somehow made allergy-friendly living better. So here goes my first one. . .

OK. I know this is not rocket science. In fact, I feel silly admitting it and may be the only one out there that hasn't been doing this on a regular basis until now. I used to do this all of the time, but totally got out of the habit.

It started when my husband told me about a can of fruit that he keeps in his bag that he takes to work. He calls it his "emergency" fruit. This struck me as funny somehow, but got me thinking. Why don't I bring snacks anymore? I often eat right before I go out, but then end up somewhere longer than expected and hunger strikes. I'm hypoglycemic, so getting really hungry can be really miserable. Why don't I just pack an emergency snack in my purse. Just a little snack bag of gluten free pretzels. If I eat it up, I just replace it the same day so I don't forget. This really makes such a difference. Not only is it handy, it saves money from buying anything I can get my hands on that I can eat when I am out. It also keeps me from giving in and having something that might really give me a problem, just because I'm desperate. If you have kids or do major snacking you can  keep a bag of pretzels in the car, or your diaper bag (or man bag, or a mammoth purse if you have one).

I can't post Handey's deep thoughts on my website without getting permission. Instead, may I suggest you go to his original site here to get your thought of the day. Disclaimer: these sayings change so if it is a bit much, I didn't know you'd get that specific one. The one I saw was clean and funny.

4 comments:

  1. Jack Handy..... A blast from the past. That was fun and mine was clean :) I love reading your posts. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete