Wednesday, July 27, 2016

{Gluten and Dairy Free} Smore Bars

Here comes a wonderful splurge when you want something super sweet.  I would use maple syrup instead of the corn syrup. I will use enjoy life chocolate chips to make it dairy free. She says they are as easy as rice crispy treats. I love that it only has 6 ingredients. The other day I made Dairy and Gluten free rice crispy treats in about 5 minutes before I flew out the door. I love treats that fly together like that! Thank you Hope's Kitchen for sharing the recipe! ( I revised the butter into alternatives).


photo from hopeskitchen.info
This recipe has been adapted from Golden Grahams.

8 c Gluten Free Cereal (like Honey Rice Puffins or Gorilla Munch)
6 c miniature marshmallows (divided)
1 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips 
1/4 c light corn syrup
5 T dairy free butter like Earth's balance, Coconut oil or grapeseed oil
1 t vanilla

1.  "Butter" a  9 x 13 pan.  Melt 5 c marshmallows, chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter alternative.  Stir in vanilla.
2.  Pour mixture over cereal and toss quickly until completely coated.  Stir in 1 c marshmallows.
3.  Press mixture evenly into pan using empty butter wrapper.  Let stand about 1 hour or refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment