Wednesday, August 10, 2016

{Gluten and Dairy Free} PCC's Vegan Potato Salad (the Best Ever!)

I hadn't had potato salad in 15-20 years. . . until yesterday, that is. I was at PCC and saw this vegan version. You can try samples so I gave it a try. I must admit I have never enjoyed potato salad. I'm not sure why, but as a kid I generally avoid it whenever I could.  I have absolutely changed my mind, thanks to this recipe.  This was perfect! It was creamy and had just a really nice flavor to it. It didn't feel greasy or super fatty at all. I could have eaten just this for lunch. It was that good. I am excited to be able to make it at home. I would use soy-free vegenaise. Here it is.

A PCC Deli favorite.

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds red potatoes
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise (PCC Deli uses reduced-fat Vegenaise)
  • 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/3 cup dill relish
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
  • 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped Italian parsley
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
  • 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup sliced black olives

Preparation

Quarter potatoes. Boil until tender, at least 15 minutes. Drain and let cool in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, make the dressing by whisking together mayonnaise, mustard, relish, salt and pepper.
When potatoes have cooled, toss with dressing and mash lightly to combine. Toss the dressed potatoes with parsley, green onions, celery and olives.
Each serving: 120 cal, 7g fat (0g sat), 0mg chol, 400mg sodium, 15g carb, 2g fiber, 2g protein
Recipe by PCC Deli

Source: Sound Consumer, June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment