Thursday, November 24, 2016

GF Flour for Thickening, Breading Meat,etc

I love the combo of flours in the book, "Gluten Free Baking Classics" by Annalise Roberts for adding to recipes. The ratio is 1 cup brown rice flour to 2/3 cup potato starch to 1/3 cup tapioca starch. I mix it together and have it on hand. You can use it for adding to gravies (adding a little water to it and whisking first just like regular flour). You can also add it to Daiya cheese and rice milk to make a cheese sauce. But I especially enjoy using it to bread chicken. I don't use eggs (although using egg replacer to dip it in first might work), but just put some in a plate, put the chicken in on one side, and then turn it over to coat both sides. I like to add salt, pepper, chives, parsley and dill to give it a ranch-like flavor. I saute it in a pan with olive oil, and bam! It works well. You can even press some extra flour on the side not cooking in the pan to increase the effect. This can be added to soups or whatever you might normally thicken with wheat flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment