Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Pie Named Blondie

I made these tonight. They didn't take that long to whip up, and they were worth every minute of the effort. We are talking, "FANTASTIC!". When they were warm, and the chocolate chips were oozy, they were perfection.  Below is the post I did on it recently. . .I used a flour ratio of 2 cups brown rice to 2/3 cup potato starch to 1/3 cup tapioca and 1/2 tsp xanthan gum. I didn't miss the nuts one bit. And no, I didn't skip dinner. But if I had known how good they would be I just might have.

Wow. The photo for these sweet-pieces-of-delight look absolutely fantastic. They look so good it makes me want to skip dinner and go right to dessert. To see where I found them go here. I will omit the nuts. If these are any indication her blog is rightfully called "A Taste of Wonderland".


Blondie (Pie)
  • 1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Flour (I used King Arthur brand)
  • 1/4 Cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats
  • 3/4 Cups Organic Brown Sugar (I used granulated maple sugar)
  • 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1/2 Cup Oil (I used half Grapeseed and half Coconut)
  • 1/2 Cup Applesauce
  • 1 EnerG Egg Replacer
  • 1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
  • 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips, plus more for Topping (I used Enjoy Life)
  • 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts, plus more for Topping
  • 1/4 Cup Flaked Unsweetened Coconut, plus more for Topping
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees. Prepare the faux egg as directed on box (1 1/2 teaspoons EnerG plus 2 Tbsp. WARM water). Mix together and set aside.
Mix the dry ingredients – flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon – together in a large bowl. Add the oil, applesauce, vanilla, and egg replacer. Mix by hand until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
Measure out and add the chocolate chips, walnuts, and coconut. Gently mix in until evenly spread throughout batter. Place all into a greased pie plate or baking dish. Add extra chocolate chips, walnuts, and coconut to the top (I was very liberal with this!).
my attempt at these beauties
Bake for 25-30 minutes, checking to see when Blondies begin to brown – coconut will brown very quickly, but this doesn’t mean the rest is fully cooked). Slice into pie-shaped servings and serve with your favorite ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment