Monday, April 7, 2014

Molly Moon's Ice Cream


Sometimes I feel sorry for my casein (milk protein) intolerant kids when I think of the blizzards, sundaes and frozen yogurts they have yet to devour. A place like Molly Moon's makes it way easier to swallow.  They had two vegan flavors at the Wallingford location. Strawberry Rhubarb sorbet and Vegan Coconut Chunk. The strawberry rhubarb was tangy in true rhubarb fashion. The Vegan Coconut Chunk reminded me of a blizzard. It had creamy coconut ice cream with shavings of coconut and chunks of Theo's chocolate. It was solid like "real" ice cream and was packed full of morsels. I wish they had more flavors, but for what they have I need to give them some huge kudos. It was a delightful night out for dessert with the family, all because this place kept people like you and I in mind when coming up with decadent flavors. I'd highly recommend it. They even have a new cookbook out! To find out more about Molly Moon's go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment