Monday, May 26, 2014

Experiments in the Kitchen- Part 4

I posted these recipes earlier and finally had a chance to make them.

1.Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes here. I made them with granulated maple sugar and egg replacer. I skipped the icing and they were still crazy sweet. I found that they truly tasted like flat cinnamon rolls. The egg-replacer did make them more gummy which was unfortunate, but I still really enjoyed them. I still would highly recommend them if you are looking for something new.  I froze some and reheated them. I don't think it changed them that much. The second day they definitely weren't as good as when they were fresh.

2. Gluten free Sausage and Cheddar biscuits here. I skipped the sausage and used 6 slices of crumbled bacon instead. (Farmland brand). For cheddar I used "Daiya" non-dairy cheddar cheese.  I used palm shortening, as well. Oh, wow. They were so flaky and delicious. They were even almost as good the next day. I had to pack a lunch, and they were fantastic to take in a lunch bag.  I'm thinking these would be perfect on a long road trip. My husband who eats dairy and gluten really enjoyed them, too. I was so glad I made them and can't wait to make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment