|photo from Applegate.com|
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 pita breads (with pockets)
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, finely grated
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 6 large romaine leaves, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Persian cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, halved and sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package Applegate Natural Grilled Chicken Breast Strips, chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped into ½-inch pieces
- Combine the remaining ½ cup olive oil with the garlic and lemon juice in a jar.
- Season with salt and pepper, then seal tightly and shake well to combine.
- Put the chopped romaine, cucumbers, radishes, onions, chicken, parsley, mint, and sumac in a large salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate the salad, covered, for at least 30 minutes, and up to 2 hours, to allow the flavors to develop.
- Before serving, add the tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.