Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dairy Substitutes

These are my favorite subs for dairy. (click on the light orange words to go to sites that tell you more about the products)

For baking:
*rice milk substituted for milk
*Spectrum palm oil substituted for shortening

*sometimes I even sub grapeseed oil and used to sub coconut oil

For cooking:
*in mashed potatoes I used chicken broth and olive oil to make them super creamy
* for cream sauces I used unsweetened hemp milk, garlic and salt
* if a cooking recipe calls for butter I use extra virgin olive oil
* for grilled cheese I use Galaxy cheese slices
* for cheesy sauces I use Daiya cheese
* to sprinkle on things I use Daiya cheese

for my cereal:
**I use rice milk or hemp milk

for ice cream:
*I eat Tempt ice cream and most days don't miss the real thing. The first time I had it, it took all of the self control I had to not eat most of the container in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment