|photo from The Tasty Alternative|
-2 medium/small heads of cauliflower, cut cored, and washed
-1 small yellow onion, diced
-3 roma tomatoes
-1 green pepper (optional)
-2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning* (use less for children)
-2 teaspoons garlic granules-1/2 teaspoons salt
-1/2 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
-Few turns of the pepper grinder
-1/4 cup oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Mix above ingredients in your favorite roasting dish.
2. Roast for 25-30 minutes
3. Allow to cool a while (make sure it's not steaming
for step 4).
4. Put half the mixture in a food processor and pulse a few times. Careful to not over mix, you are simply creating a rice look to the mixture, not a puree. You could probably do this by hand too, so try it out if you don't want to lug out the food processor.
5. Pulse the remaining half of the mixture until rice-like.
6. Garnish with cilantro and a squirt of lime.
*You can find Mexican or Fiesta seasoning at any grocery store. Or make your own from spices in you bulk foods section.