Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Using Ghee or Clarified Butter

Ghee is defined on Wikipedia as: " a class of clarified butter that originated in South Asia and is commonly used in South Asian". I have heard that people with cow's milk problems can sometimes tolerate butter. But my doctor told me that even people who have a problem with butter tend to do well with ghee. My understanding is that the milk protein is actually clarified out. Here is where I would buy it. I would love to try some Julia Child's recipes that aren't the same without butter! However, I will still mainly use extra virgin olive oil, because I believe it is better for your heart.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist. I'm just sharing what I've heard or learned. Please check it out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment